Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm no Doctor, but if I was I'd be on my yacht right now with 30 women that need saving



Dear Dr. Dre,
I must say that you both look and sound (based on your above answer) like someone who quite simply, cuts through the BS. Therefore, I am going to ask you one of the oldest and most cliched questions that has haunted women for ages and hope for (finally) a straight and honest answer. Are men threatened by intelligent, strong, and successful women? I hear time and time again that is what every man wants, but over and over see the opposite-with beautiful, intelligent friends who seem to have zero luck. Do men really just want a woman they can take care of?

Look forward to your insight-EJ 


Dearest EJ,

 I will start with a simple disclaimer that I am not a Dr. and if you are seeking medical attention you should do it offline. Secondly, I will point out that it this is an etiquette column not a relationship one, and it is not proper etiquette to throw your personal issues out into the open, I know in this world of reality TV every one thinks it's OK, but it does not change the fact that it is not! But since you threw yourself out there, and luckily for you I do know quite a few things here is your answer.

 Men are NOT threatened by strong, successful women. The problem lies in that a strong, successful woman does not fill a man's natural paternal instincts to provide for someone. In essence, in a relationship of equals a man will not feel like a man because he is technically not needed. Men want a damsel in distress because it fulfills our natural instincts. "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair. So I can get into your underwear!" - Beastie Boys

 And the same kicks back for women. Women need their maternal instinct to nurture fulfilled as well. Which is why you ladies love a project man, one you can dress up the way you like, change his hair cut, his friends etc. Women like an established man with class and style at first, because they think eventually they will be able to change him, but after realizing they won't they get bored and move on because their maternal needs are not being fulfilled.

 With that said, I wish you the best of luck. And I will leave you with a simple reminder that just because celebrities and wanna bees air out their personal issues in public does not mean that it is ok. Money and fame can not buy manners.

Stay classy.
-Dre

No comments:

Post a Comment